Pages

Apr 14, 2011

open closed open: Sculpture





In order to expand my knowledge about my topic;I used encycopledia2.thefreedictionary.com as reference. My key terms are the following: relief, carving, frontal, motion, wax, mobile,and modeling. Now,I have a better undestanding of the subject matter as i got different definitions of my key terms. They help apprehend why in sculpture particural techniques and materials are used in order to get an oustanding masterpiece. My references are extremely helpfull for my essay. For instance, encyclopia2.thefreedictionary.com gives the etymology of tree-dimmensial media,and wikipedia.com shows the real impact the three-dimmensional has in the modern society. Among these 4 artworks, i chose the egyptian bas-relief and the arc of titus because they are eloquent in terms of significance. Sculpture remains the medium I chose because it has been a means of human expression since the prehistoric times, and it still inspires contemporary artists.

6 comments:

  1. I think you should explain every key terms by the tools which you are referencing. It will be helpful for everyone understanding and comparing these key terms in our textbook. Thank you- Thu Ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you first picture. Your explain little bit short, but it is perfect. You already write down these pictures explaining. Li

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ngandu, your topic is very interesting. I keep thinking and trying to understand how those artworks were created in that time, when the human civilization was not developed and the technology that we use today was not available at that time. It is just amazing.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jennifer abbott-popeMay 4, 2011 at 5:02 AM

    Hi Ngandu, interesting pieces of art you selected. A bit more information would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are some very beautiful pieces of art work. they really explain what you are talking about and answering your question.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first picture was stunned and your pictures their helps us understand clearly what u a talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.