Pages

Apr 29, 2011

Rewrite - Introduction: Beauty in Art

My paper is about the notion of beauty in art and the question I will be discussing is: what criteria make an artwork reflect beauty? This may help us understand and appreciate beautiful artwork.

Beauty being a concept that differs from individuals, periods, cultures, and context makes its distinction in art very challenging. However, in the culture section of the British newspaper, The Telegraph, I found an article which presents ten qualities that makes an art beautiful. Reading the article and “Venus in Exile” I realized that beauty in art has evolved over time and is not only “in the eye of the beholder”. Paintings such as Piero Della Francesca’s Pregnant Madonna, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling, and Robert Rauschenberg’s Charlene will be used in my paper to illustrate some criteria of beauty in art.

I have chosen to make a painting for my art project representing a landscape. This is relevant to the topic I am writing for it is going to reflect some criteria of beauty and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.