Pages

Apr 8, 2011

Principles of design

What is the importance of design in artistic work?


This question can help understand the meaning of design in artistic approach. It will also help understand how a appropriate design can display important information about and artistic work and how it can even add value to this work.

From reading “the principle of design” from the book, page 141_155, I have got some important definition of the key terms like the word “design” and the word “balance” in different contexts. The most interesting is how the book takes us through the process of creating an artistic work by combining lines, shapes, color, light in a single art work that reflects the thought of an artist and tell us how this artist perceive the world in his mind.

I will look up some additional information about Georges de la Tour’s painting “Joseph the Carpenter”
I will also read about Design from the book page 384-396.

This additional information will help me understand the concept of Emphasis and focal point. It will also help me understand the kind of design used on each painting.

I chose to learn about drawing using simple materials like a pen or pencil and combining pieces of objects like tissues to design and image. I think that it is fascinating the way artists combine totally different things to create beautiful images.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I think your topic is so interesting. I do not know a lot about design, so i would like to read your essay. I was checking in the library and they have this book called "Universal principles of design". You can find it in West Loop Center library. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for your whole essay because design is most important before people make something. Li

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.