



Some references used in this essay are : “Design Principles for Visual Communication” by: AGRAWALA, MANEESH; WILMOT LI; BERTHOUZOZ, FLORAINE is an article about how important the role of design in communication is. It tells the reader how the failure to create the appropriate design can lead to catastrophic misunderstandings in the communication process.
“KYOTO JAPANESE GARDEN IN KONYA, TURKEY THE DESIGN PRINCIPLES OF JAPANESE GARDENS” by Polat, Ahmet Tug¡rul1,2Güngör, Sertac2 and Kaklik, Nail is another article that takes us to Japanese gardens design. the article tell us what makes the difference between Japanese garden and all others in the rest of the world.
In order to understand the topic we will have to define some key words like:
-design which means organization or structure of formal elements in a work of art; composition. Another key term is
-balance that can be defined as a state of equilibrium or equal distribution of weight, amount.
-The term focal point can be defined as the emphasis which is a special stress laid upon a specific part of the art work in order to draw the viewer attention to this area.
I believe that the main purpose of an artistic work is to transmit a message and the articles that I have read tell us that design can make a message clear and concise. The second article tells us how the design transformed ordinary gardens into artistic work in Japan. Design is then really important in artistic works.
The artworks related to the principle of design are: “Georges de la tour, Joseph the Carpenter and some images of designed Japanese gardens. I have decided to analyze all these images because each one has a particular kind of design.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Nassiratou. I really like the art you selected for your topic and would like to read more about one of the statments you indicated "how important the role of design in communication is. It tells the reader how the failure to create the appropriate design can lead to catastrophic misunderstandings in the communication process". Could you please elaborate more on this?
ReplyDeleteHi. I agree with you that design makes a big difference in how art is appreciated. I like when you say that design transforms ordinary gardens into artistic work. I hope you will find more information about the topic. Good luck.
ReplyDelete