Pages

May 6, 2011

Conclusion and Artwork

Both references express the value in art, but they use different ways. The first example uses an item to show the value in art. The toilet is not toilet if it is the museum, but when it in the restroom that would not an artwork. The second example is an experiment. A famous violinist plays the violin in Washington DC during rush hour. Only one person stopped and listens to his performers. These are representation of the art. However, the value changes with different environment and the attitude of audiences. Most important factor influencing the value in art is the attitude of audiences. I would not change or add anything to the “fountain” because it already answered my question. I will write Chinese calligraphy.

Here is my artwork, it is Chinese word is “[chun], it means "spring". That would be a very simple artwork, but not everyone can understand. Chinese may know what it is, but people with Chinese culture background may not make sense of it. Everything went according to plan.

So, the value in art is being determined by you. If you understand or appreciate something you like, and it would be a wonderful artwork in your mind.

5 comments:

  1. It is really unusual to see this art work, but it is so creative and interesting. Also i like how u describe your own point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did appreciate your work. What would be your advise to those artists who struggle to get people attention?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nassiratou kanazoeMay 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM

    I liked your presentation and I agree that an artwork is valued to one according to what he or she feels about this work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.