
I want to compare two images between Venus of Willendof and Venus de Milo. The similarities of them are symbol s of beauty in the woman. Although these beauties were showed up differently by appearance, however they are desirability about a perfect beauty. The beauty is associated with mystery when Venus of Willendof is faceless, obese. This statue is an important icon of prehistory about symbol of fertility, lucky charm to bring success in ancestors’ hunting. The imagine of Venus de Milo is the harmony of the lines of the figure, the noble pose, the poise of the small head upon the curved neck, the beauty of face, the soft color of stone . All unite in creating an impression of sensuous joy. The Venus de Milo is what all Greek women aspired to be: balanced and harmonious. The importance of creating Venus in sculpture is the social, political, and religious belief. The women might have had an esteem role in the society. The female figures denote the existence during the period of a prominent female deity identified usually as The Mother Goddess. On the basic of this assumption, it has been suggested that, women played a considerably more important, that possibly a matriarchy existed and women ruled.
The artwork I chose is The birth of Venus. The statue gives us the conception that contemplation of physical beauty allows the mind to better understand spiritual beauty. The Venus is born, it means the beauty and perfection in appearance is also created. From artwork The Birth of Venus, there is a relationship with two images Venus of Willendof and Venus de Milo to be the creativeness of human through the beauty of Venus vastly. From images of Venus, the sculptors want to send the message about their belief in spirit, the belief that can create a beautiful life through the perfect women.
Answering for the question: If it was a text, what was the meaning of it?
I think if artwork was a text, the its meaning is praising the beauty of women, the mystery only has from the women. The color, lines of artwork effect to me. The imagines are realistic and charming.
Conclusion:
There is not difference between the references in answering. I think it is possible to relate the images and ideas. The images with different appearances of Venus sculpture suggest for my answer. My process in doing with artwork is choosing images, thinking about meanings, making a question, and referencing the related information to question. I had careful considering before deciding to choose topic about the Venus in sculpture, because I was absolutely attracted with the beauty and mystery by Venus. The faceless, armless of Venus are extraordinary which I want to understand.
Hi Thu, could you explain what "All unite in creating an impression of sensuous joy".
ReplyDeleteAlso,i understand your point but your essay is not very clear.
Khadidja
In your topic you've done a good search, so wonderful to describe these famous sculptures. As they are known around the world as the greatest creation, it's a good idea to tell readers about it. I liked it
ReplyDelete