Pages

Mar 8, 2011

- LaToya Hood

Power and freedom has played a major part throughout history. Many artist shows different ways to express their selves. Virgin/Vessel and the Three Fujins are two examples of traditions. By comparing these two works, it is possible to explore ways the way artist works at different occasion.
to read more click here: http://fighterpeacesex80sisher.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. nassiratou kanazoeMarch 10, 2011 at 7:12 AM

    your essay was very interesting. do you think that power gives freedom to the ones who have this power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you explain why Chinese tradition needs women foot-binding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. JS: I'm not saying it's acceptable for Chinese foot-binding yet this was their tradition and what they practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nassiratou kanazoe: When I was reading about the picture of Fig.83 Hung Liu, Three Fujins. These women didn't have freedom , they given up on themselves. So Liu wanted to dissolve power in her painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    This recommendation comes from our previous class discussion about race and physical features...I though that it might be help full because it deals with art and the power in the African American community.

    It is called "Colored Pictures" by Michael D. Harris. I found it at HCC southeast campus.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.